Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Welcome to all didgeridoo enthusiast and see for yourself handmade eucalyptus, glass and pvc didgeridoo solely made in Malaysia


eucalyptus plantation, didgeridoo is made from this tree

The didgeridoo (also known as a didjeridu or didge) is a wind instrument developed by Indigenous Australians of northern Australia at least 1,500 years ago and is still in widespread usage today both in Australia and around the world. It is sometimes described as a natural wooden trumpet or "drone pipe". Musicologists classify it as a brass aerophone.A modern didgeridoo is usually cylindrical or conical, and can measure anywhere from 1 to 3 m (3 to 10 ft) long. Most are around 1.2 m (4 ft) long. The length is directly related to the 1/2 sound wavelength of the keynote. Generally, the longer the instrument, the lower the pitch or key of the instrument.

Didgeridoo had now been played in Malaysia and has gain its popularity among young musicians and enthusiast . Didgeridoo is not easily available locally, so for  that matter, I started making my own didgeridoo from pvc pipe. I started fabricating the instrument without much  knowledge to refer to. Anyway, the  instrument turned out wonderfully. Later, my next project is to fabricate a glass didgeridoo. Equipped with a little knowledge on glassblowing, fabricating a glass didgeridoo is not as difficult as you  might think of. The didgeridoo is made from 40mm x 120cm glass tubing. The blowing end is slightly tapered for  comfortable blowing and the other end is flared.  The sound created  from glass does not differ much if  compared to pvc and wood didgeridoo.  

My final project is to make a wood didgeridoo from eucalyptus tree. This is the most challenging task. The trunk has got to be cut into two halves and  much effort is applied in making the dug-out, grinding, sanding, gluing and finally the coating of the wood.  The result, the eucalyptus didgeridoo came out beatifully and it may be considered  as my very own masterpiece. Fortunately, there are local didgeridoo enthusiast that volantarily test the instruments and gladly I passed with flying colours.  


eucalyptus trunks ready for didgeridoo making

  





 
Applying special glue


dug out wood



clamping the glued wood
 

applying wood  finish



Beehive wax


Applying beehive wax for mouthpiece
 

various types of didgeridoos


playing didgeridoo


my son can play didgeridoo too

fantastic didgeridoo player, MUSANK

another fantastic didgeridoo player


Anyone interested in getting a didgeridoo please contact me or view at Bazarena Shah Alam (morning  market) every Sundays.  
                                                   

26 comments:

  1. brpe harga didgeridoo yg plg murah??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, is Bazarena Shah Alam in K.L? Hope you don't mind me asking about the price range of the didgeridoos you are selling and roughly how many different types there are at your shop? I am already planing to pay you a visit:)
    Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bazarena Shah Alam is in Shah Alam, just beside Shah Alam stadium, the flea market that opens only on Sundays.Look me at Lot 563. Price varies. Pvc, glass and wood didgeridoos are available.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I not familiar with Malaysia, I might be staying over at KL for a few days next week. Will ask around where Shah Alam is then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. salam, plz give me your contact..ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be in KUL next week do you have an address to Google search?

    ReplyDelete
  7. google search: http://maps.google.com.my/maps?hl=en&biw=1024&bih=548&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=stadium+shah+alam&fb=1&gl=my&hq=stadium&hnear=Shah+Alam,+Selangor&cid=0,0,15007801171707964949&ei=6URuTYjOH83orQfC1ajvDg&sa=X&oi=local_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CB0QnwIwAA

    give me your email address, I'll give my phone number.

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome...!!! saya akan ke sana nati....-bartridoos-

    ReplyDelete
  9. boleh hubugi saya tak. di talian ini. 0173069214.

    ReplyDelete
  10. bartridoos adalah salah seorang pioneer scene didgeridoo di malaysia.. tq sifoo.. ;p

    ReplyDelete
  11. what time do you start your flea market stall on Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  12. asalamualaikum saudara saya amat berminat dengan benda ni tapi saya ni tingal jauh dari KL bole saya dapatkan no telefon saudara ni email saya adflegacy@gmail.com tq..

    ReplyDelete
  13. salam..bleh tlg e-mail harga didgeridoo?e-mail saya joebulat@gmail.com terima kasih.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Salam ... boleh e-mail harga untuk didgeridoo kayu? minggu ni i nak beli tapi nak pergi ke shah alam tu susah sikit. Nak tanya harga dulu. kalau boleh hari rabu nak dapatkannya. chekboon84@gmail.com or chekboon84@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. you ada jual beehive wax tak?would like to buy it.call sms 012 2102524

    ReplyDelete
  16. salam Tuan,sya berminat ngan didgeridoo ni..emm macamana saya nak beli ya? emm boleh bg no tipon? saya tinggal di taman datuk harun pj -
    nanti tolong sms atau what app sya -pojie- 0132245629.

    ReplyDelete
  17. as slam..im looking for beehive wax for mouthpiece..pls contact me 0134164659..thank you..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sir,

    I am interested to get one. Please contact me at 0129139713

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would like to buy a didgeridoo for health reasons. I am a sleep apnea sufferer and I am told blowing on a didgeridoo would help strengthen my weak throat muscles and bring some relief. What type would you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Saya nak beli didgeridoo.. Please call @ 017-2000 330

    ReplyDelete
  21. Saya nak beli didgeridoo.. Please call @ 017-2000 330

    ReplyDelete
  22. Boleh msj or call sy.... Berminat nk beli Didgeridoo Tq.
    012-6076456

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would like to visit you and see some didgeridoos.
    Please contact me at wellwerks@yahoo.com with your contact number or address so that I may come to meet you and chat.

    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi there, I am very interested in buying one of your didges. Unfortunately I always work on weekends so cannot visit your stall. My email is purelyscuba@gmail.com. please contact me so that we can talk more about prices and options. Thanks. John

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi blh dapat kan ni no contect utk buat pembelian tqatu wasap sy di 0108117738

    ReplyDelete